[GeoStL] from the Forums

  • From: Glenn <Glenn.GeocachingAdmin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "St. Louis Area Geocachers" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:05:43 -0600

-
I hope things around here do not go this way.

-------

Team Cinnamon has just posted "New Cache Restrictions" in forum "Midwest".

I live near Grand Rapids, MI.  Yesterday, on the local news, it was pointed out
that new restrictions are now in place here in Kent County relative to the
placement and maintenance of GPS Caches.  Some on my initial dismay is vented
towards the requirement of moving a cache at least 500 Ft. each year, cannot be
attached to a living tree, must be within 20 feet of an existing, official,
trail, etc. etc.  Is this something new that I've not been keeping up with?  Is
this a sign of things to come?  Soon a fee will need to be paid before a person
can carry a GPSr in any County/State/Federal park.  For anyone who wishes to
read more of the restrictions, here is the link.

 http://www.accesskent.com/CultureLeisureAndTransit/Parks/geocaching.htm

Any comments pro or con would be interesting.