[GeoStL] Re: free-for-all email list.

  • From: bleu-kangareu@xxxxxxx
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 16:16:58 -0500

-

if you build it, they will come

------ Original Message ------
From: MBG <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: free-for-all email list.

-
This whole debate could be solved by switching to a forum over an
email list. I think there is forum software that allows you to set up
email subscriptions for specific board categories.
This is the first geocaching group I've seen that still uses an email
list, pretty much everyone in Ohio uses a bboard. I understand that
the email list keeps everyone involved and people might not check the
forum as often as their email... but if email subscriptions are
possible what's the difference? That way everyone can still be in the
same place, but we could have a separate politics forum that you don't
have to subscribe to.

ben