[GeoStL] Re: free-for-all email list.

  • From: Glenn <potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:34:47 -0600

-
we have forums set up now. Been there for several years. no one uses them.

slaga has had forums set up on the geostl site several times. no one uses them.
Mogeo has a slaga section on their forums.  very  few people go there.

On Nov 4, 2008, at 9:27 AM, MBG wrote:

-
This whole debate could be solved by switching to a forum over an email list. I think there is forum software that allows you to set up email subscriptions for specific board categories. This is the first geocaching group I've seen that still uses an email list, pretty much everyone in Ohio uses a bboard. I understand that the email list keeps everyone involved and people might not check the forum as often as their email... but if email subscriptions are possible what's the difference? That way everyone can still be in the same place, but we could have a separate politics forum that you don't have to subscribe to.

ben