[GeoStL] Re: free-for-all email list.

  • From: MBG <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 09:27:21 -0600

-
This whole debate could be solved by switching to a forum over an email list. I think there is forum software that allows you to set up email subscriptions for specific board categories. This is the first geocaching group I've seen that still uses an email list, pretty much everyone in Ohio uses a bboard. I understand that the email list keeps everyone involved and people might not check the forum as often as their email... but if email subscriptions are possible what's the difference? That way everyone can still be in the same place, but we could have a separate politics forum that you don't have to subscribe to.

ben

On Nov 4, 2008, at 8:20 AM, Bernie Ver Hey wrote:

-
Christina, I can't agree with you. The rules say-no politics- then it is just that-no politics. I shouldn't have to hit my delete button, let's just
keep the stinking politics off the list.  Bernie

From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, November 4, 2008, 7:20 AM Glenn,

I fully agree with what you said, but again, what do those topics I
listed (found after a very short search in the archives...doubtless
there's a lot more there) have to do with caching?

-Michael