[GeoStL] Re: free-for-all email list.

  • From: Bob TheCacher <cachefinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 08:38:05 -0600

Friday lunch, or any other breakfast/lunch/dinner meeting is a social event
because it's unlikely to run across other caches in the field.  It always
involves talking about caching and sharing stories and ideas.  That's why I go
and sometimes "call" it.  I recommend others "call" the meal too, and count me
in.
BBD1,  Bob

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 05:34:14 -0800From: mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
[GeoStL] Re: free-for-all email list.To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Precisely it is the point.

So, to be fair, there should be no chatter about who's going to lunch, deals on
the internet (unless it's for geocaching supplies) or anything else that does
not specifically deal with geocaching and geocaching alone. Lunch at the Greek
church doesn't help me find a cache, so it is off-topic.

-Michael

----- Original Message ----From: Craig Ingram <seaeye@xxxxxxxxxx>To:
geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Tuesday, November 4, 2008 7:31:27 AMSubject:
[GeoStL] Re: free-for-all email list.-They don't that the entire point here
isn't it????--- On Tue, 11/4/08, Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:> From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: [GeoStL] Re:
free-for-all email list.> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Tuesday, November
4, 2008, 7:20 AM> Glenn,> > I fully agree with what you said, but again, what
do those> topics I listed (found after a very short search in the>
archives...doubtless there's a lot more there) have to> do with caching?> >
-Michael> > > ----- Original Message ----> From: Glenn
<potbellystove@xxxxxxxxx>> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday,
November 4, 2008 7:15:12 AM> Subject: [GeoStL] free-for-all email list. > > ->
Basically because when someone signs onto a geocaching list> there is a  >
reasonable expectation that there will be some geocaching> material on  > the
geocaching list. There is a set of guidelines sent to> everyone  > when they
sign up. The community expects that most folks> will follow  > most of the
guidelines.> > > If you want a no holds barred, discuss anything list with>
local like  > minded people that know what they are getting in for, I> have
some  > spare unconfigured lists.      go here and sign up.> >
//www.freelists.org/list/mga> > > I think right now there is a discussion
of . . well, to> mention that  > here would not be prudent at this junctuure.
SO, go to this> junk list  > and talk smack all day long.> > The last man
standing wins.> > > On Nov 4, 2008, at 5:21 AM, Michael Rogers wrote:> > > I
have to agree with both Stephen and Nancy...> >> > As Stephen said, virtually
all of us here are adults> and do get  > > along out in the field quite well,
so why not talk> about what we like?> >> > Sometimes the logic used to
determine what is and> isn't acceptable  > > topic fodder amazes me. For
instance, we aren't> supposed to speak  > > about the current issues of the day
lest we offend> someone's  > > delicate sensibilities yet talking about food,
vehicle> licensing,  > > weddings, various things one can purchase off the>
internet and even  > > people's pets are okay...as long as we use the> "NGR" or
"NCR" tags?  > > Heck, there was recently a topic about flying flags> just this
past  > > September...that could easily be considered political,> yet other  >
> political topics are verboten?> >> > It's simple...read a topic if it
interests> you...don't read it if it  > > doesn't.> >> > Isn't that what
freedom of speech and freedom of> choice is all about?> >> > -Michael> >> >
----- Original Message ----> > From: Stephen Martin <faery_generic@xxxxxxxxx>>
> To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> > Sent: Monday, November 3, 2008 11:38:43 PM> >
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Free Starbucks Coffee Nov 4> >> > -> >  Or> > > ..  based
on the fact that subscribers are> dropping like> > > flies, we could probably
now just talk about> whatever we> > > darn well want couldn't we??> > >> > >
Nancy> >> > I am feeling this way whole heartedly!> >> > I'll start with carbon
footprints and/or> replacement window dealers.> >> > Or watch out for any talk
regarding a playground.> >> > I say speak as an adult without aggressive
and/or> obscene remarks  > > and let others determine what threads they do or>
don't like and take  > > the responsibility to avoid that thread.> >> > NGR and
NCR do nothing to deter because a huge percent> of what is  > > said requires
one of those labels as a precursor.> >> > We are geocachers who know each other
and generally> play well.  > > Therefore ALL post are geocaching related.> >> >
Pick and choose what you want to read and what you> don't.> >> > We are mostly
all adults here.> >> > Stephen> >> > PS-I am not saying anyone shares my view
on this> email, nancy's post  > > was just a jumping point for me and MY
beliefs> >> > PPS- I won't be unsubscribing, if need be the> powers that be
will  > > have to ban me.> >> >> >> >> >> >