[STL Geocaching] formal organization

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:46:53 -0600

The reason why I suggested organizing more formally was because of the
problems we have been having with some agencies not wanting to allow
caching.  The best way to deal with this is to organize.  Organized groups
are always much more successful than individuals working independently of
each other.

As to how to be official or formally organized, I would say the absolute
minimum would be to have an agreed upon decision making process and define
what a member is.  I would also say there should be some purpose statement
of the organization.