[GeoStL] Re: female cachers in STL

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 13:17:30 -0500

-
I've  signed up twice  (in my  former life)  for the  BOW (Becoming and
Outdoorswoman) programs sponsored by the Conservation department,  but both
times they were completely full and sent my checks back.  Then, I gave birth
and life changed :+).

Not familiar with the Missouri Women in the Outdoors  program (is it  the on
the  MDC site someplace near Stockton?). It sounds like fun because it's a
one day  event.

You're not too far from  where a lot of cachers meet for lunches most weeks.
They tend to congregate near 44  and 270 or out  in West County. Sometimes
it's planned and other times it's impromptu.  They seem harmless and
welcoming enough (not that I speak from experience mind you,  but there's
yet to be a call out of the Major Case Squad after one of their lunches).

Also, you'll almost always get a response from "Someone" on this list. At
times it's apparent that "some" of us have way too much times on our  hands
and probably  SHOULD be out caching. And, at other times you'll  be tempted
to send a "Hello...  anyone here? Is this thing working?" email  to  the
list. (If that happens, you can go to the archives, link at bottom of email,
to make sure there haven't been messages that you've missed.)

Finally, there's been a bit of discussion about a quick chickcachers out of
town hunt to Indy. How are you with puzzles???

Again, you  can  browse the  archives  and the trip discussion is under
HCR-HTML Now  IMM.

Most of our  friends don't understand geocaching either. My best  friend
uses her GPS to locate  and waypoint unmarked graves of long lost dead
relatives. *I* don't get *that*.

Nancy