[GeoStL] Re: etiquette question

  • From: Mike Griffin <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:43:31 -0600

-
Chris, I have a cache in the Arboretum at the University of Miami in
Coral Gables Florida. It is maintained by a professor friend of mine. If
the property owner, which you said was a friend, is willing to take care
of the cache, then I see no problem getting it approved. I just  email
my friend when the log gets wet, and in Florida that happens quite
often, and he replaces the container or log.

As for the TBs, I agree with Bernie and Tim, make sure you know where
they need to go..

Mike

Bernie wrote:

>-
>
>  Chris, you should be pretty well confused by now. One email says to place
>the cache and the next one says do not. It is always a good idea to place a
>cache that is easy for you to maintain. The work begins after you place the
>cache. Containers get damage and/or eaten by animals. I've had micros moved
>by animals and when you get two no finds on your cache, you should go out
>andsee if it still there. Checking on your cache in NC would be a bit of a
>problem Hope this helps.
> Also it is generally accepted that one should find about 50 or so caches
>before placing one, so you kind of get the feel on how it is done.    Bernie
>

>CNubel wrote:
>- Hi, I am very new to Geocaching, so new that I plan on looking for my
>firstcache tomorrow morning. I have an etiquette question about travel bugs.
>I am going to North Carolina for the holidays and I was wondering if it was
>ok if I took 3 or 4 travel bugs with me and left them in some east coast
>caches? It seems like this is the whole idea behind travel bugs, but I
>wantedto check and make sure that it was ok to take them that far. I can
>assure you that the bugs will be well taken care of, enjoy their trip to the
>beach, and be lovingly placed in only the finest of caches. I plan on
>placinga cache at the North Carolina Battleship Memorial while I'm there.
>(http://www.hnsa.org/ships/bbnc.htm[1] ) The administrating captain is an
>oldfriend of mine so I should have no problem getting permission. Thanks
>Chris aka Mystic777 **************************************** Our WebPage!
>Http://WWW.GeoStL.com[2] Mail List Info.
>//www.freelists.org/list/geocaching[3] Mail List FAQ's:
>//www.freelists.org/help/questions.html[4]
>Subject field
>
>--- Links ---