[GeoStL] Re: etiquette question

  • From: Edwin Biesemeyer <singer1ed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:38:31 -0800 (PST)

-
The only problem I see is this:

If you are from the midwest how would you respond to an emergency repair should
the cache you wish to place so far away be in need of such?  The administration
prefers that we are near the caches we place or at the very least have a friend
who can adopt it for us for the purpose of maintaining it.  I am not picking
but just offering ideas.  As far as giving the Travel Bugs a ride and showing
them a good time, there is no problem with that.

Digger Odell
CNubel <CNubel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
Hi,

I am very new to Geocaching, so new that I plan on looking for my first
cache tomorrow morning. I have an etiquette question about travel bugs.

I am going to North Carolina for the holidays and I was wondering if it
was ok if I took 3 or 4 travel bugs with me and left them in some east
coast caches? It seems like this is the whole idea behind travel bugs,
but I wanted to check and make sure that it was ok to take them that
far.

I can assure you that the bugs will be well taken care of, enjoy their
trip to the beach, and be lovingly placed in only the finest of caches.
I plan on placing a cache at the North Carolina Battleship Memorial
while I'm there. (http://www.hnsa.org/ships/bbnc.htm ) The
administrating captain is an old friend of mine so I should have no
problem getting permission.

Thanks
Chris
aka