[GeoStL] Re: email oddness

  • From: Glenn Nash <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:54:31 -0500

-
oh yea, spam filters. . . nope, i am not in there. the mail does get to the list servers and it gets into the gmail account OK. when i pop3 the mail off gmail, it didnt make it. when i set up this other computer i did not change anything with the list server or settings in gmail, just copied the account settings exactly like there were on computer #1 over to Computer #2 but i am still thinking that something in tbird is slipped up a little.

i still operate the freelist here (with some helpers now) SO i am pretty sure that i am set up correctly.

tnsl wrote:
-
I find my missing email in the online spam/bulk folder - that *someone* reminded me was there lol and I do find email from myself there.

Isn't this list set up so that you check off a box that says to send or not send your own email? Of course I would have no clue how that would have been checked or unchecked based on a new computer.

Does your new email client have something in it that recognizes you're sending to a list and is trying to do you a favor?

Do you have a filter set up that may recognize and delete email from your own address? Whether you know it or not .. I just did some googling and it looks like if you've copied your old info and moved it to the new machine using thunderbird that somethings are recognized differently or "keystrokes" or commands aren't copied as you would expect them to be -- or something like that lol

Can you send an email directly to yourself?

Nancy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Glenn Nash" <glenn.geocachingadmin@xxxxxxxxx>