[GeoStL] Re: earthquakes

  • From: Brian Maddox <gowaddle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 13:53:47 -0700 (PDT)

-
You can order maps from the USGS that actually have epicenters with their
magnitudes plotted.  It's not current to the minute, but is interesting to
see.  I'm pretty sure the information is also available digitally and
current, but don't know if it's in an easy to use format or not.  You can
also get faultline maps as well, I'll have to see if they info is still out
there and what formats it's in if anyone is interested.

--- Greg Ponder <thehairyhillbilly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know that some people don't like locationless-type caches, but if someone
> was to maintain a website map showing all of the logs, based on coordinates
> of earthquake epicenters of, say, 4.0 or better, the map would be
> interesting to view.
>
> Very good wandering, HereFishyFishy
>
> Da Hairy One
>
> Bruce S <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
>

> >From: "Greg & Bobbi Crouch"
> >Any one out there chase after the fact earthquake epicenters. Was looking
> >at the info on a 3.1 just NW of Paducah that occured at about 9:25 p.m.
> and
> >thought it would be neat place caches at the coords given. My mind is
> > HereFishyFishy
>
> Here is a site that lists midwest earthquake sites
> http://www.eas.slu.edu/Earthquake_Center/NEW/localmaps.html
>
> Bruce

> Subject field

Subject field