[GeoStL] e trex power problems

  • From: "Jerome Reed" <jrcamper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:41:32 -0500

-
While floating the Huzzah and Courtois rivers the past two days, I decided to
take my e trex Legend along to track my progress.  I had it strapped to the
deck of my kayak.  After the day warmed up it started turning itself off.  I
put in fresh batteries although the ones in it were not dead and it continued
to do this.  I decided to turn it on again and watch it while I ate lunch, then
I saw it give a warning that "The external power source was disconnected and it
would shut off in thirty seconds."  I brought it home, turned it on and it
stayed on.  Next day it did the same thing!  The unit was never wet but was
fully exposed to sunlight and was very warm (Me too!).  Has anyone else had
this problem?  Thanks.  Jerome
Subject field