[GeoStL] Re: discussion point

  • From: Dave Keiser <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:37:15 -0500

-
Hm,  I probably get more into travel bugs than bruce does, but I agree.
  You could also argue that placing a cache would be worth 2 or 3 times
a simple find because there's much more work involved in creating it
and maintaining it.  (there isn't much extra work involved in moving a
travel bug, etc.)

All in all, the 'formula' seems too complex.  IMHO it's best to simple
keep it simple and use the number that geocaching.com uses as the
'total' finds.

However, alternatively, you could ask for maybe a separate listing of
benchmark finders and rank on that.  That wouldn't be too hard to
set-up, I'd guess.  or, probably tougher to set up, a stat list that
would allow the user to click a column header to sort on each specific
category.  So, if you wanted to see the benchmark leaders, you'd click
on benchmarks, if you wanted to see those who've placed the most
caches, you'd click on that, etc.

All in all, though, as long as it's what geocaching.com counts, the
main stat list as it is will be the one most of us care about (if at
all).

Dave (fullquiver)

Subject field