[GeoStL] converting mapping data

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:08:22 -0500

Next step..

I got geobuddy to read the .loc files i get from the pocket querry off geocaching.com. I can save this .loc file in CSV format which is what microsoft streets and trips and mappoint uses.

Delorme reads .ANR files so it wont read the csv OR Loc files.

It looks like i need a conversion tool to convert .csv or .loc to the .anr format for street atlas.

rats, i thought i had it this time... Back to the drawing board.

glenn

At 11:04 AM 10/15/2002 -0500, you wrote:

Glenn,
I use geobuddy with xp pro (I did until I fried my harddrive yesterday anyway) Make sure you have not opened and saved the loc files with easygps or expertgps before you open with geobuddy, I get some kinda funky error if I do that.

Another trick I use is use easygps to save the files are gpx files before I upload them to my gps... before I do that I open the gpx file with notepad and change the sym/"Waypoint" to sym/"Geocache" this changes the symbol to geocache.

Bruce

From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Caching organization
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:53:53 -0500

I found geobuddy to load loc files and save to a format used by other mapping programs..

I cant get geobuddy to do anything in Win XP. it locks up or giver a #9 error..

I loaded Delome Street Atlas 2003, Nice maps but a funky user interface and so far i cant get it to do the things bruce was doing with map point.

Mapping prices.... MS Streets and Trips, $39.95.. MS MapPoint $250.00!! I guess there is a reason i never looked at MS map point!

Still working to get SA2003 to do useful things (besides make good looking maps)

gln

Glenn Nash St. Louis Food Run http://home.swbell.net/glnash/FoodRun2002B/FoodRun2002B_home.htm

Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List & Archive Info. //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching