[GeoStL] configure your email client to prompt before downloading attachments and other ideas

  • From: "HoosierDaddy" <_rnx_@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:34:06 -0400

-

i'm in the bandwidth business so the idea of hundreds of users consuming bandwidth is not altogether unattractive to me. From a business perspective sending one large message that is cloned and forwarded to hundreds of users is called a good return on investiment. That was not my intention, but i'm just saying, "eat all you want, we'll make more" -lays potato chips

I believe that there are setting on most mail clients that can filter messages on the POP3 server and either refuse messages above a user defined threshold, or just not download attachments, or prompt before downloading, etc. If you are a restricted bandwidth user you may want to learn how to configure you client to keep Netiquette ignorant/non-compasionate people like me from causing you pain. You are empowered to control your environment. It may be more productive than lashing out at others (my $.02).