[GeoStL] Re: common practices

  • From: "tnsl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:42:16 -0600

-

Of course now we're all checking out your finds to see who you've offended .. LOL.

I LOVE a well-written log. Funny is good. VERY good. Compliments are lovely. Bizarre is even better. hmmmmmmmmmm I LOVE getting emails from cache owners saying. "Thanks for the good log." I distinctly remember caches where I couldn't come up with something "good" to write. Only once have I been snarky and may have said something like, well, at least the ink pen wasn't covered in mold. Once I resorted to talking about the industrial strength hand dryer in the restroom of the Piggly Wiggly. THAT was much more impressive than the light pole.

When we're out and about I pick caches based on how creative the cache page is and how fun the logs are. Too many TFTC logs in a row and we'll skip it if we're pressed for time. I've also been known to leave notes on caches we didn't have time to look for just because the cache page was well written and informative.

Personally, I really like the "I left my lawnmower blades and took a dead skunk's toenail" type logs. Those are the best.

"Log" is one of those words that if you hear/see/read it enough it starts to sound odd...

Nancy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Shahriary"

-
A little bit ago, there was a discussion of logs and
how some people hated "cookie cutter" logs (which I
took to mean brief, TFTC-type entries).  Is there a
repository somewhere, an FAQ perchance, of such common
practices, such as, it's nice to write a story about
your experience, or whatever?  I mean, beyond the
general guidelines found at geocaching.com.

Dancing Strawberry

Carol Strawberry
How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?