[GeoStL] Re: camera

  • From: Mike Maryan <mmaryan99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <szcue@xxxxxxx>, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:31:34 -0500

-
Just got back from Creve Couer Camera and after talking with the very
informative and great salesmen and lots of researching online we decided on the
Canon Powershot SX20,  in the long run it had everything my mom wanted (ease of
use for my mother, a good zoom lens 20x optical zoom, price, and great picture
quality)  it is more of a point and shoot camera but has the look and feel of
an SLR.  The only thing I wasn't 100 percent on is the fact that it takes 4 AA
batteries instead of a rechargable battery.   But besides our trip, they won't
use the camera alot so it isn't that big of a deal.   Besides they can use
rechargable AA batteries after the trip.   For the trip I already have plenty
of Litium AA batteries for my GPS so I'll use them for the camera!  Final price
was 429.99 but includes one set of batteries, a carrying case, 2GB Sdcard, a
free class on use (which my mom will take before we leave), an extra 4GB HD
card, USB cable, plus the standard extras!

On another note, I will be purchasing a Panasonic Lumix ZS7 for myself for
399.99 it includes a couple of extras, but look this camera up online since it
just hit the market a couple months ago.   My favorite part is the fact that it
will GeoTag your pictures since the camera has a built in GPS in it!  Our
salesmen Chris let me look at the one they had on hand even though it was
someone elses camera who hadn't picked it up yet!!!   Once they get in the next
shipment I will definately be getting one of these, it is compact and
lightweight with excellent quality shots made just perfectly for geocaching
photo hounds!!!

After going to several places (the big boys) I would strongly recommend buying
from Creve Couer Camera they answered all of my questions and concerns with
ease, they were not over pushy (didn't try to sell me something I didn't need),
were very informative by showing us everything the camera could do and not do.
Some other places I could tell were more interested in the upsell trying to
show me something I know I didn't want, they also didn't have all of the
cameras I wanted to look at!  Creve Couer had every model I wanted to look at
and more I hadn't even heard of!  After looking online I know I could save a
few bucks from a couple different places but after the Customer Service I
received from Chris at Creve Couer I have no problem paying the very little
extra money I could have saved!  I know you will too!

To: mmaryan99@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: camera
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:03:26 -0400
From: szcue@xxxxxxx

Mike
I'd be interested in knowing what you end up buying and why.

Always in the market for a new toy and something better.

Good luck!

Susie

from this