[GeoStL] batteries RE: Re: quiet

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:43:09 -0600

Those throw away batteries fill up landfills with toxic chemicals.  They
also cost lots of money.  You can buy a 4 pack of recharable NiMH batteries
for $15 and a charger for about $20-30.  They also last alot longer than
throwaways (particularly the newer 1800 mah) and will save you money in the
long run.  You can recharge them 1,000 times and they do not have memory
issues like the NiCads.  You can also get chargers that charge them in one
hour.