[GeoStL] Re: almost new cache pages.

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 17:41:52 -0500

-
 and a note  just in from Jeremy...
The database immediately went from 96-100% CPU to between 16-30% in a matter
of minutes, so you should see a significant improvement to the search
resultspage.

 Jeremy Irish

-------------------------

At 01:11 PM 6/14/2003 -0500, Glenn wrote:
-
One of these days, sooner than later, GC.com will release one of it's new
pages.

It will be the search for caches page which will be a little different and
the results of the search will look a little different.

Take a look at the page when you search "for nearest caches" . The current
page is divided into two sections, caches you havent found followed by
caches that you have found.

I think this is going to change back to the old display of all the caches
found and not in one listing.
On the current listing, you can scroll thru the pages one at a time. I
believe the new setup will be able to jump ahead and go to whatever page ya
want.  Like on many sites I think there is a
  "page <<1,2,3,4,5...>> next ",   thing at the top of the page to move
forward or backwards in the data.  The whole thing runs faster than the
current pages.

The data will have a different look also.
There will be a checkbox on the left, if you found the cache it will be
checked,  the cache symbol will be there for multi, traditional, letterbox
ect, the terrain and difficulty level, distance, then the cache name.
placed by, placed date. on the far right there will be numbers of when the
cache was last found and when you found the cache.

it dosnt sound like much of a change but it looks a little different. after
ya use it a time or two its great..... i think, or so I have been told.

gln
Glenn
St. Louis, Mo

Subject field