[GeoStL] Re: Zoom, zoom

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:11:19 -0600

Oh yea, thats a bike all right that runs like it is a rocket. It is the newest high performance Sports Touring bike on the market. It is a Yamaha FJR1300. The one in the picture is a week old.

OK, heres the deal, this has nothing to do with geocaching but I like motorcycles. Every Year I host a little get together of Long Distance, Endurance motorcycle ( WWW.ironbutt.org ) riding friends. These guys run endurance rallies all year where 1000 miles in a 24 hour period is the norm. The big rally is the "Iron Butt Rally" 11 days, about 9 to 12,000+ miles. In between rallies, several folks have "Ride to Eats" which is just an excuse to ride someplace to eat dinner, kick tires and tell lies. I have people come from Eruka (very close) , Kansas City (fairly close) to Alabama (800+ miles), Baltimore area (800+) and Ontario Canada(800+miles).

The folks that do this sort of thing range from motorcycle mechanics to many executives and business owners to an Admiral in the Navy and everyone in between. There is no "club" really. Just a bunch of folks that enjoy doing the same thing. Sort of like SLAGA i guess. The LongDistance Riders have an email list just like SLAGA where about 600 of these folks chit-chat. These guys are mostly not normal.

When i went to Michigan a few weeks ago to camp on lake Michigan, that was another Long Distance Riders "get together".

I am working on some pictures and i'll send the link here if anyone wants to see them.

Hope this stuff dosn't bore anybody..

glenn

At 11:18 AM 10/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:

That was a bike? I thought it was a jet rocket or something. :) Do ya'll have meetings or anything here? Or is this like a virtual club? Someone fill me in on the whyfors please. I went to the web page and looked at the piccies of the picnic. Looked like fun.

~~~~~~~~ Glenn St. Louis, Mo

Our WebPage! Http://WWW.GeoStL.com Mail List & Archive Info. //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching