[GeoStL] You catch more flies with honey, than vinegar

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:23:24 -0600

-
Dear SLAGA members and geocachers who
read this newsgroup:
I feel great sadness to have to display this link, but
it is necessary: http://www.slaga.org/

myotis, Jim Bensman, has decided that SLAGA
is a racist organization and created a web site
to proclaim it to the world.  He is attempting to
bully SLAGA members into sitting through 'tolerance'
lectures at SLAGA events because he says he has
been offended by the 'alleged' telling of off-color
jokes at a SLAGA event.  This somehow makes
SLAGA responsible for the jokes being told, and
thus SLAGA is a racist organization.

The association of his personal problem with a
violation of SLAGA bylaws is ludicrous.  But
because he won't take responsibility for his own
problem, he wants else to be - originally SLAGA
(and now me).

Did he approach the people telling the jokes and
comment that he was offended? No.  Did he take
the opportunity to discussion the issue with me,
as SLAGA President, at the SLAGA Christmas party
on Dec 3? No.  Did I tell any of the jokes that
affended him?  No.

Jim pulled this same thing 2 1/2 years ago on the
geocaching freelist newsgroup and was banned from
posting.  (Note:  this geocaching freelist newsgroup
is not under the control of SLAGA.) Now that we have
new SLAGA officers elected,  Jim is trying the same
bully tactics all over again.

I even personally offered Jim a public venue to give
him the chance to let people know who he is and what
he is about - in a  positive way.  He figuratively spit in
my face.  As a result, he got nothing. Now it is obvious
that it is no longer just about racism, but censorship
and personal attacks on me.

Read the words in between the dashed lines below.  They
are from Jim Bensman.  They are from an email he sent to
all the SLAGA officers a few weeks ago. (the capitalization
is his.)  Based on the web site that Jim has just created, I
now worry about my personal safety and the safety of my
loved ones.