[GeoStL] Yeah I got caches this weekend!!!

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:23:06 -0700 (PDT)

-

2nd try at this for some reason it did not go this
morning :( ....and NO Jim I was not being offensive
....I even bathed this morning that's twice in one
month I must be sick :-P )
*********Original message follows :

Hope you all had a great weekend and that you managed
to find at least one cache....I finally managed to
break my caching withdrawal by finding not 1, not 2
but THREE caches :D .....and they were some very
interesting ones.
 I highly recommend the "Devil's Tea Table"  cache not
so much for the cache but for the area and the view
......my son Jason and I spent about an hour there
exploring and just enjoying the quiet and solitude of
the area.....of course I almost had a heart attack the
first time he walked the narrow ledge out to the tea
table to sit (you don't have to do this for the cache)
and we both had a good time going down the steep hill
to look UP the cliff and see what kind of rock
formations these were. There is a Natural bridge
reported on the cache page but we found TWO natural
bridges there so discoveries can still be made.

The other 2 caches were cool in there own ways....."I
smell a Tank"  was one of the smallest cache
containers I have ever seen and I got lucky when I
found it otherwise I might still be looking.  and
"Schlicts Springs" (sp?) was a cool drive in the
country and an interesting place to visit.

Hope you all had a great weekend and I look forward to
seeing you all again soon

Dan (Thunder)

Subject field