[GeoStL] Re: Wow

  • From: Mike Tollefson <mbtoll@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 06:22:45 -0700 (PDT)

-
We are having a great time down at GW4.  I saw the Bear Clan and
Strider and Crowesfeat.  Just wait until Jim & Sarah start logging
their caches!  It certainly makes it easier when a few caches come to
you instead of you coming to the cache!  The Iraq one was about 300 ft
into the woods, so I had to find it!  It was a temporary event cache
that will be going back to Iraq.

Yesterday alone I saw a tarantula at the trailhead of a nightcache and
a bobcat near a cache called "Bobcat"!  Yesterday it was in the 90s
with dewpoints in the upper 60S.  I've seen PI taller than me!  But we
are having a blast.

Oh yeah, a TB that landed in Miranda's Bugs In a Box was destined to
meet it own here at GW4.  I picked it up and brought it down.  After
about 3 hours of searching (over 750 registered participants) I found
the owner just as they were leaving.  The bug made it home.  Wasn't
sure if I'd find the owner but I did.

Well, I'm off to do more caching today.  I think they will all be in
Texas today though!

Mike (Tollybrew)