[GeoStL] Re: Wireless laptop

  • From: Darren <gryphbytes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:31:58 -0500

with only 40% connection, speedtest came up with

1 Meg down, 323 up

that's obviously a pretty good speed, on par with some household
connections, especially if you can't get internet anywhere else close by.  I
want to mention that ever since hearing about these I have wanted one, but
the only thing that ever put me off about them is the price.  Since work is
paying for this one it is a very nice item to have, and I couldn't be
happier with the way it has functioned.  For those times when I am out of my
house I just plug it into the USB port and of I go.  The installation of it
was very simple. (for the sprint card I plugged it in and everything was
installed automatically)  I do want to mention that it does obviously drain
the battery life, on my laptop to the tune of about twice as quick as
normal, so you shouldn't expect to use it for long protected periods without
a power source, but for traveling in the car you can get a converter for
about $30-$50 at any local electronic store.

If you have any other questions about let me know, I'll be happy to answer
them to the best of my ability.