[GeoStL] Wireless

  • From: SSG Dru C Reeves <dru.reeves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 20:37:47 -0500

-

Chris

I just went through the nightmare of setting a wireless system up at
work. Go with the 802.11g (up to 54mbps)  Very little difference in
price between the 802.11b and the g. I ended up taking the whole system
out and going back to a wired ethernet. The wireless was wayyyyyyyy too
slow for out use. We transfer large files (10-50 meg) so the wireless
just didn't work for us. There was also too much electrical
interference in the building. I put a wireless system (802.11b) in my
brother's house a few months ago, and he has had no complaints. We were
routing Charter also.  Good Luck and let me know if you run into any
problems.

Dru C Reeves

On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 08:13 PM, Weatherexpert121@xxxxxxx wrote:

> -
> Mike,
>
> We're planning on wirelessly networking our house with Charter
> Pipeline. What
> WAP brand did you get? How fast and what frequency? (802.11b, 2.4 GhZ,
> or
> something)
>
> Just wondering.
>
> ~Chris