[GeoStL] Re: Windows 7 experts

  • From: "R. sheffold" <rsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 23:33:39 -0500

-
Rick,

For GSAK (I'm still on 7.7.2) Database folder is in C:\Users\RGS\AppData\Roaming\GSAK\data\
Application data is here--C:\Users\RGS\AppData\Roaming\GSAK\data\

See tools/options/general in GSAK for locations.

As far as internet on/off, it a 2 step process now.

Click on the NIC card icon in the lower right of your screen (where speaker, date/time are).
Select open network and sharing center
Then near the top you'll see "view your active networks" and to the right is "connect or disconnect". Just select the one you want.

Good luck.

-----Original Message----- From: RRouse
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:58 PM
To: GeoCache Freelist
Subject: [GeoStL] Windows 7 experts

-
As one who just migrated from Windows XP to Windows 7, I have 2
questions if anyone happens to know:

1. GSAK - where (file) does GSAK hide the data base files?  I have a
backup drive where the original GSAK was installed and I would like to
copy the data base files to the new Win 7 primary drive (new GSAK
install here)  if it is possible.

2. On XP I could disable the internet with a simple disable / enable
right click on the taskbar icon when I wanted to work off line - Win 7
does not seem to have that feature - is there a way I am not aware of ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

GeoConformity

Missouri Geocachers Calendar ---> http://mogeo.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=calendar

Missouri Geocachers Calendar --->