[GeoSTL] Re: Where's in a Name

  • From: Rudy Johnston <rudyjhnstn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 07:22:09 -0700 (PDT)

It is definitely hot down here.. though I remember
many a hot summer days in St. Louis, you sure do miss
the cool (at least they seem that way after
experiencing Houston nights) summer nights.  Caching
activity during the day is almost impossible.

I'm patient and from the e-mail activity cognizant of
the high level of activity.  Love the HFH idea, though
I see the virtue of the noncache rating, what better
way for people of like interest to share life.  A tool
cache (or would it be a swap?) associated with the
event might improve the chances of getting listed and
would be cool too.  Take a hammer... come home with a
saw.

This is my first virtual cache, and without the
opportunity for another geocacher to claim, I may not
have done this, but I have and will continue to seek.
Maybe can attempt during a visit.

Thanks for your response.

Txsyank

(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=12627&logs=y&decrypt=),a
> unique cache that requires someone to log a point on
> a longitude derived from my cache name. I have
> converted, by the rules from the website, Txsyank
> into 89 40.265W (though the rules would also allow
> 89 38.265W). Imagine my delight when I saw that this
> line passes through the Midwest (. hey it could have
> taken me through Afghanistan), and better yet, that
> the imaginary line runs north and south just east of
> New Memphis, New Baden, Trenton, Highland, north to
> Litchfield. 1. My mission is to persuade another
> Geocacher (hopefully you!), to get out there and
> take a photo of his GPS (with the coords clearly
> visible) at ANY coord. (choice is his/hers) that
> intersects with the coord. you created from your
> username above. A photo of the surrounding area
> would be nice as well! The rest of the challenge is
> listed on the cache page. I did notice that Myotis
> has logged this one, so I don't think he can claim
> this one again. By the way, did we all look like
> that in 78? Lol I was hoping to make it up there
> this summer and attempting to claim 2 logs for this
> one, but that didn't seem in the spirit of the
> cache. So,. if any of you are so inclined, and wish
> to help a long lost Cardinal fan, I'd sure
> appreciate your assistance. When I do come visit,
> hopefully, I can run into some of you in the field.
> or catch one of your weekend morning outings. Thanks
> in advance txsyank

http://sbc.yahoo.com
Our NEW WebPage!   WWW.GeoStL.com
Mail List & Archive Info.
Msg. of the day, "These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter...
I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.