[GeoStL] Re: What is a 5 by 5 (stars)

  • From: The Deen Family <bajaclan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:03:02 -0400

-
I recently received confirmation that our phenomenal team has solved
the final coordinates for the infamous 5/5 puzzle cache, Blood &
Guts, here in Northern VA.  It has taken us only 2 1/2 months of
frantic emails and and lots of chasing of red herrings.  Each of the
stages is located at least 20 straight line miles from the previous
one, although some are farther.... much farther.  The quickest solve
has come in only 19 days.  Another team took over a year.  Our team
includes a cryptologist, a computer programmer, a math teacher,
someone with celestial navigation skills, and an outdoorsman with
several kayaks and canoes, just to name a few.  (I know, I know....
how did I get on this team?!)  We are now trying to find an open time
on all the team members' calendars to go and actually find and log
the final as a team.
Check it out for an example of a 5/5 in this part of the country.
http://tinyurl.com/dohnk

My caching buddy and I are about half-way through another 5/5 called
the Eagle's Tour.
http://tinyurl.com/7tf59

Perhaps these links will offer you some insight.

Good luck!

Amanda
BAJA Clan

Subject field