[GeoStL] Well it was geocaching related-RE: Re: NCR: Just back from listening to the US Supreme Court argue about me

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 00:30:23 -0500

If you want to see my picture (with me wearing a suit) in front of the
Supreme Court with my attorney after oral arguments, check out my log on
this cache:  GC955B

I just remembered this was geocaching related.  The main thing discussed at
the oral arguments was a declaration I prepared about my use of the National
Forests and if my use was sufficient to be able to sue the Forest Service
over rules for the National Forests.  One of the things I said in the
declaration was:

4. I have personally used about half the National Forests.  I have used
National Forests for outdoor recreation, camping, canoeing, rafting,
orienteering, geocaching (www.geocaching.com <http://www.geocaching.com)/> )
hiking, swimming, scientific study, photography, bird watching, plant
identification, nature study, site seeing, solitude, and meetings.

So all the Supreme Court Justices will likely be reading this.  So I bet
this is the first time geocaching has been an issue before the Supreme
Court.  Who knows, geocaching could get mentioned in the Supreme Court's
ruling.

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"

Go Obama!