[GeoStL] Weldon Springs access

  • From: Stephen Martin <faery_generic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:06:56 -0700

-

There is a access trail that gets you to the Weldon Springs area from the Katy
trail.  It is marked with brown signs on both sides of the trail.  It is
located about a quarter mile to the northeast  of Acts of Congress... and a bit
lower elevation.  If you leave your bike chained near there and do the loop,
you can get the caches and come back to your bike, but you will hike a long
way.  It is worth it for the scenery.  Bring repellent though, and plenty of
h2o.

You can park at these coordinates to get to the access from Katy Trail N 38
39.605 W 090 44.600  or if you just want to drive there, the parking lot off 94
is at N 38 41.470 W 090 43.470.  be aware of hunting season too.

ha ha on the ER!  I have gotten better at watching the trail, and stopping for
sight seeing. However, trying to climb to Acts of Congress is not so smart.
Also, I will only visit an ER when I absolutely must from now on. Using urgent
care type clinics is much safer in regard to avoiding contracting a staph
infection... which by the way suck hard core in a bad way!

I plan to cache tonight if someone will let me ride with them to the cache hunt
location.  ON THAT NOTE: I really want to go after Cesar's Cat Box GCNNGA
tomorrow either earlier am or earlier evening.  I have the key TB and the code
figure(thanks to a hint from Strider).  The cache is kind of far from Metro
service though.  Would anyone want to take me to that area and retrieve the
caches near there? I have a 3 day limit so it must be today, tomorrow or
Thursday. If not I will get there on my own, but a ride would help so much and
get the ride giver Cesar's gift... which is not a usual cat's gift in a box I
hope.

Thanks, Stephen