[GeoStL] Re: Welcome Home

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

Bernie,

  I gave the link of your recent pictures to a muggle friend of mine that was
going north on a trip and when she came back she sent me a photograph of a sign
at the Fort Steel Campground in B.C.  Below is what it said, read all of the
way to the end.

  P.S.  Bernie take special note of what this sign says about encountering
bears, like in your pictures.

  WARNING

  Due to the frequency of human-bear encounters,
  the B.C. Fish and Wildlife Branch is advising hikers,
  hunters, fishermen and any persons that use the
  out of doors in a recreational or work related
  function to take extra precautions while in the field.

  We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells
  on clothing so as to give advance warning to any
  bears that might be close by so you don?t take them
  by surprise.

  We also advise anyone using the out-of-doors to
  carry ?Pepper Spray? with him in case of an
  encounter with a bear.

  Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh
  bear activity, and be able to tell the difference
  between black bear feces and grizzly bear feces.
  Black bear feces is smaller and contains lots of berries
  and squirrel fur.  Grizzly bear shit has bells in it and
  smells like pepper.

Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks, Bridget. I am overwhelmed with yard work. I've been out in
the rain pulling weeds and cutting down limbs. Bernie
--

On Fri Jul 25 08:43:53 CDT 2008, "Bridget E. Griffin"