[GeoStL] WOW event at Forest Park June 9th

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gc-Maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 18:39:05 -0500

Steve B., Stephen, and Nancy, and anyone else who can help next Saturday;

I have most of the details now for the event. I have a final meeting Friday
afternoon, but none of this "should" change.

Barb Wilson (Mo. State Parks) and I will start setting up around 7AM Saturday.
We will either be under the big tent or have a table with a 10 x 10' fly.

Parking will be available across the street from the Visitors Center (East of
the History Museum).

The first class is from 8:30 to 10, then a break for 30 minutes with the second
class from 10:30 to 12.
Lunch comes next from 12:00 to 12:45 and the last class is from 1:00 to 2:30.
I "assume" lunch is furnished but will know more after the Friday meeting.

The big tent and everything should be close to N38 38.680 & W90 16.990. This
area is behind the visitors center near Lindell and De Baliviere.

Now the details:
Everyone needs to be there by 7:30-7:45. Each of the 3 sessions have 20 people
signed up. That is the max and there will be no walkups. We have 22 Yellow
Garmins on loan from MO. Dept of Conservation, and I've preloaded all of them
with the WP's for the caches. There will be 3 (2 Tupperware and 1 ammo box)
placed within 1000' of the event and in 3 different directions. That way we can
break up into smaller groups and the other groups can't see other groups or the
cache location. All are almost terrain 1 and diff. of 1-1.5. By getting there a
little before the first session starts, we can go over how the yellow Garmins
work since everyone will have their own identical GPS to use. All the caches
will be stocked with give-aways so everyone can sign the log book and take
something from each cache. By showing them how to make a WP before starting
out, they can then use the GPS to go back to the table, TURN in their GPS, and
we'll have a bag for everyone with some goodies.

That's the plan, anyway.

Rich