[GeoStL] Re: WOW St. Louis

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 05:19:34 -0700 (PDT)

-
You have to remember...

The DNR is operating wiith a much smaller budget than
they have in the past years. Their money can only go
so far, especially with the fiscal year so close to an
end when this event takes place.

There are other projects they are involved in at that
time period, also. On June 10-11, the MDC and DNR are
having free fishing days. Those agencies are going to
be losing money they'd normally make on trout permits,
fishing licenses (both temporary and permanent) and
trout stamps.

How can we ask them to lose even more money or use tax
dollars on something that doesn't benefit the majority
of taxpayers, myself included?

As far as sponsors go, I'm glad they offer to help,
but are they really to be expected to pick up the tab
when those participating should foot a portion of the
bill?

I guess I really don't get it...why should these
"poor" innnercity people get a free ride, but
others...you, that person, that person and even
me...don't? Normally, I have to pay for my
fishing/hunting license, trout tag or stamp. Should I
get that for nothing? It is my tax dollars being
spent.

I'm sorry if any of you disagree or are offended by
this, but what they want to charge isn't all that much
at all.

-Michael