[GeoStL] Re: WAS: Malicious Note NOW ticks, poison ivy

  • From: "Susan Ring" <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:43:43 -0500

Chiggers seem to prefer some folks over others as well.  My hubby and I can
walk through the exact same area, he will be covered with chiggers, I can't
remember the last time I had a chigger.  On the other hand, in the last year
I have been bitten four times by mystery bugs (one time while I was shopping
INSIDE at Costco)  that have left huge (2 to 4 inch) unusual swellings,
blisters or rashes.  I guess Mother Natures gonna get us all in one way or
another. :-)

Susan

PS I know this advice has been offered many times on this mail list, but the
key to not getting PI after geocaching is to wash exposed areas as soon as
possible with soap and water, something like Purell or those little wet
naps.  I'm horribly allergic to PI and I have not getten it yet while
geocaching in PI infestations.  (knocking furiously on wood right now!)