[GeoStL] Re: WAS: Malicious Note NOW ticks, poison ivy

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:37:13 -0500

Your husband doesn't have a long lost sister does he?
One of the last more-than-mild, but not bad-requiring-medical attention cases
of PI I got was from one of two caches --  one cache along the riverfront in
St. Charles. *I* stayed on the path and they brought the cache to me to sign.
The same day we did another one that looked like it was thru a  questionable
area and I even stayed in the car..  two days later..  Itchy-scratchy.  The
only thing I can think of is that the micros were hidden behind a pi vine and
the oil made it's way to me via the rest of the fam.
I've avoided getting "close" to caches where someone has posted a pi alert or
edited their log to say they got the itch a couple of days later.   I like this
geocaching thing -- but you can only itch just so much.   I figure caching by
proxy is still caching ...   sorta...   Meanwhile, I normally travel with the
$10.00 bottle of Tecnu in my trunk.

Nancy