[GeoStL] Re: Vehicle titles - NGR

  • From: Elkie <elkcooker44@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:42:34 -0700 (PDT)

I just sent them a photo copy of my title and retained the original. Don't sign
the title you don't have to give it to them.

Life is way to short to take serious.

From: Jon Mertz <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, September 19, 2008, 9:38 AM

I don't remember ever digging out my title when my Escort was totaled and I
"bought it back." They did tell me I needed to get a salvage title for it.

My recommendation is to speak with your insurance agent and see what the
standard practice is.

-Jon

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-
If they're purchasing the vehicle, you would have to sign the title to
them.  If you're re-buying from them, I would think they'd have to
re-sign it to you.

Either way, why don't you ask them why they need it.  If it's simply
for proof, offer to meet them at the agent's office or another
location.  That way, you stay with the title and they can get the info
needed.