[GeoStL] Re: Vacation in Georgia

  • From: JimSGreene@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 12:24:43 EDT

Hi Rockey,
 I was just down that way, CrowesFeat30 & I had a great time from  Paducah to
Chattanooga, getting over a hundred caches. You can find lots of  great
caches along the whole route. Robert Lipe sent me this link:
_http://www.mtgc.org/hits_ (http://www.mtgc.org/hits) , which is a list of
Nashville's better
caches, sorted by different catagories. This is where we  picked our Nashville
cache list. Also be sure to do some in the Clarksville  area. From Paducah, if
you
drive between the lakes down Hwy 453, then over to  Clarksville, you will go
by some nice caches, and the roads were pretty good.  Chattanooga has a lot of
nice ones too, but we filtered out all micros after a  while, several we
tried were in areas of infinite possibilities, like eye level  in the bamboo
thicket. Along the Riverwalk, try eating at The Boathouse, they  have great
barbeque. We also went a few miles into Georgia from Chattanooga, and  got some
nice
ones. Enjoy your trip,

Strider