[GeoStL] Re: Unsociable cacher???

  • From: "tklnhl & kyd" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 04:04:34 -0500

-
We recently ran into a couple of cachers (not a couple-couple  though) that,
while maybe not antisocial, I would describe more as "singleminded."  We
were on vacation and in a somewhat rural, yet crowded area climbing around
some rather large rocks. I spotted someone with a GPS and made the same
attempt, "Geocachers?"  and this person's response was, "Yeah.. how could
you tell?".  Not all are as social as some. No chit chat for these two.
Perhaps 10 seconds of "You've got that look about you..  "    Later, after
they had found the cache and we still had not made the effort (having too
much fun interacting with the terrain) they passed us on the way back down.
"Any luck?"  There had been a couple of no finds.. And after a simple, "Well
..  Yeah (as in OF COURSE.. why wouldn't we find it) ..  it's up there."  My
husband tried to make  bit of chit chat , "Any advice?"  and this guy's
answer "Just look for it."

It was a tad surprising as everyone we've ever run into here has always been
more than cordial, friendly and bit chatty (some more than others LOL)

Nancy