[GeoStL] Re: Two things

  • From: "Susan Ring" <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:11:28 -0500

-
Welcome, Brad and family.  Wow, eleven caches since the article came out.
That's pretty good finding.

Like Dan said, try to make the picnic in the fall.  I think the date is
Saturday October 19.  Group hunts are loads of fun too.  One cool thing is:
is you can't make it for the start of a hunt, or you need to leave early,
it's all so flexible.  We often exchange cell phone numbers so we can catch
up with the group anywhere along the way.  Some folks just like to show up
for breakfast or lunch :-)

I have only one Magellan tip I can think of right now.  Pay attention to
which screens you use the most, and also the ones that you don't look at
much.  There's a way to turn off the screens you don't want (I think it's in
the Setup menu, but not positive), and it makes using the GPS much more
efficient in the field.  The Gold is a Meridian, right?  I have a Meridian
and I thik I only use about half the screens for geocaching.

Happy caching, look forward to meeting you sometime,
Susan (Rocksusan)