[GeoStL] Trying to keep you informed

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 17:53:35 -0600

-
For the new members of this newsgroup, I want to make
sure they understand a couple of things.
This is the "Freelist Geocaching Newsgroup", created and
managed by Glenn Nash.  Glenn is one of our oldest
fossils, I mean geocachers, from the St. Louis area.
He actually was the first webmaster of what is now
called the "SLAGA web site".

Signing up for this newsgroup does not automatically make
you a SLAGA member.  To become a SLAGA member, go
to the following link and fill out the form:
http://www.join.geostl.com

Once your submission is approved, you will be notified
by email occassionally when there is SLAGA business
we feel you need to know about.  We will alert you of
upcoming events or provide relevent news stories that
may not be found in this newsgroup or on the SLAGA
web site.

On the flip side, becoming a SLAGA member doesn't
automatically sign you up for this newsgroup.  We try
to keep people on this newsgroup just as informed as
those who have signed up as SLAGA members, but
we are human and there are discrepancies now and then.

If you think you are a SLAGA member, but did not
receive an email on October 19,2006, with a Subject of:
"A message from SLAGA - Letter from the president",
then you are either not a member or we were not able
to deliver the email to the email address we have on file
for you.

If you have any questions about your membership, send
an email to membership  @  geostl.com.