[GeoStL] Re: Trip to Shelbyville suggestions

  • From: Brad Tissi <btissi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:54:54 -0500

Oooookay (though still true). Wait. Who still has an outhouse? [?]

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been planning a bit myself and maybe this
can help some.

Geocaches in addition to the one's that Mike listed
Monster Bison Tube <http://coord.info/GC31673>
Melissa's Public Library <http://coord.info/GC3YBKM>
And for the "I'll be surprised if there's not something MOGA related to
this cache" award
Great Kaskaskia Dragon <http://coord.info/GCHWFZ>
http://kaskaskiadragon.com/virtual.html (Click on the white button)

Other activities;
Willow Ridge Winery <http://www.willowridgewinery.com>
The tasting room is open during the following hours:
Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday - 10:30 to 5:30
Fridays - 10:30 to 6:30
Sundays - Noon to 5:30

Boarmans Roxy Theater <http://www.boarmansroxytheatre.com/>
Not sure on the show, times, or if we could even get there, but it looks
like a good time.

Golf, hiking and biking trails<http://www.lakeshelbyville.com/recreation.htm>

General Dacey Trail
http://www.daceytrail.org/
http://www.dacey.lakeshelbyville.com/

As for food, between yahoo, yelp, and tripadvisor, the Longbranch Grill is
always on top.
For the rest, Joe's Pizza & Italian Foods, Farmhouse Family Restaurant, Yen
Ching, and Monical's of Shelbyville all have decent reviews.

That's all that I've found for now. Please add anything that you'd like.
Brad

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM, Bernie Ver Hey <Happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Well said, Michael.  Bernie****
>
> ** **