[GeoStL] Re: Thoughts or suggestions welcome......Was Re: Question for Brawny Bear

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 06:52:41 -0800 (PST)

-
Sara,

I know you have gotten all kinds of advice from a lot
of good people but let me tell you a little story
(Short one :D).....The first time I ever met any other
cachers was at a picnic that was organized very
quickly at Barramus's house. I was very hesitant to go
because I knew NO ONE at all.....I was new to caching
and only had about 5 or 6 caches found so you can
understand why I wasn't sure. I took my 2 boys and we
arrived and we still hesitated to go in (not being
sure) but we took the chance and I must admit we had a
fantastic time. We met some good people and had a
great time caching. I have yet to meet a cacher I
didn't like and have made some very good friends in
this group. So my advice for what it is worth....Come
on Down and enjoy yourself....by the time you leave
you will have met and made many new friends and you
will never have to worry about caching alone again :D

Dan (Thunder)
--- Sara Carter <beancounter2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was talking about MIGC, I can't make the potluck,
> I have 3 tests I have to study for this coming
> weekend.
>
> GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-
> Sarah (and Bernie),
>
> I think she was talking about the MIGC event in
> March. But I think the
> Potluck/caching trip on Sat. would be a good chance
> to get introduced to the
> group.
>
> Rich

Subject field