[GeoStL] Re: Third Annual Slurpin' Soup And Watchin' Eagles

  • From: ghavens@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 22:10:46 +0000

Glad the day was a success, we enjoyed the event.  And yes, the view was great.
 Thanks for all your planning for this geocaching event.Pondigger & 1st Lady

From: richard ashburn <rashburn01@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 11:13:56
To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [GeoStL] Third Annual Slurpin' Soup And Watchin' Eagles

On behalf of Kathy (Mrs. Chod), the staff, the volunteers, the residents, and
myself, I would like to say "Thank You" to everyone that attended the Third
Annual Slurpin' Soup And Watchin' Eagles.  After last year's relentless fog,
yesterday's cold clear weather was a welcome change that treated us to
beautiful views of an endless parade of ice flows on the mighty Mississippi.

Once again the soup and desserts were delicious and the service was 5 star. As
always the camaraderie was superb.

I hope everyone enjoyed the caches---if not the 'hill'. I sure enjoyed taking
"before and after" photos (from the comfort of the bonfire) of geo-adventurers
that made the pilgrimage to the LOWER LEVEL.

I am very pleased to report that this year's event raised over $1,200.00.
Donna Ringling, executive director of the Village, conveys her heart felt
appreciation to all attendees for their generosity.

Photos will be posted ASAP.