[GeoStL] Re: They ARE watching us!

  • From: Bernie <happykraut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 18:00:51 -0500

-

  Rich,don't get me started. Bernie

GC-RGS wrote:
- DRAT! They caught us!!! I guess we'd better get back to politics and
religion. ----- Original Message ----- From: "M. Bollinger"
<lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>[1] To: "SLAGA" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[2]
Sent:Sunday, August 08, 2004 5:01 PM Subject: [GeoStL] They ARE watching us!
- I'm sure that you've all noticed the drop in email volume recently....
Wellyou haven't been the only ones. Since our little discussion on tennis
ball cannons, we've been monitored by high ranking officials. Now the media
is noticing the drop in our email volume too. TOP OF THE NEWS Ominous drop
in'chatter' by terrorists WASHINGTON A DROP in so-called 'chatter' among
suspected terrorists is raising concern among United States
counter-terrorismofficials, who noticed a similar fall in intercepted
communications prior to the Sept 11 terror attacks. US government sources
told CNN that security experts are still trying to fathom the reason for the
troubling ebb in recent days. While there have been several similar quiet
episodes in the past, the 'chatter' continued as before even after the
mid-July arrest of key Al-Qaeda suspect Mohammad Naeem Noor Khan by
Pakistanisecurity forces, which was announced last week. The fall-off in
chatter comes at a sensitive time in the war on terror. Information obtained
in the Pakistani crackdown on Al-Qaeda pointed to a possible attack on US
financial institutions as well as British targets. It triggered a heightened
security alert in the United States and prompted anti-terrorist sweeps in
Britain, which netted over a dozen suspects. Full story :
http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4386,265908,00.html[3]?
Subject field

--- Links ---
   1 mailto:lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx