[GeoStL] Re: The next group

  • From: "R. sheffold" <rsheffold@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Geocaching Newsgroup" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:52:19 -0500

This brings up a good question. Did the group that did the cache in less than a
day, actually go to the first waypoint that day?

The group was within 200’ of WP1.  And remember, at WP1 there was just 1
cacher, not 6

It was my understanding it took two days to find the first waypoint, and a week
to solve the puzzle at the second waypoint.

2 trips, not 2 days, so maybe 1.25 hours max.  How quick the puzzle was solved
was immaterial since we had a week before the next Saturday when we would meet.
Our primary puzzle solver was accidently left off the group list but when
he/she received it Friday morning, it was quickly solved so we were good for
Sat. AM. And remember, no one in this group has done the Journal, so we had no
ideas what the puzzles might be.

Or was that a group that hasn't found it yet?

And don’t forget the first group DID NOT sign the log book, just the journal!
Group 2 and 3 signed the log book and wrote in the journal..

This brings up a good question.  Did the group that did the cache in less than
a day, actually go to the first waypoint that day?  It was my understanding it
took two days to find the first waypoint, and a week to solve the puzzle at the
second waypoint.  Or was that a group that hasn't found it yet?

L Frank

Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:45:40 -0700
From: tom_wolpert@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What happend to NateDawgCC and Fried Okra? What's with this "Fried SLAGA plus"
group?  Now I'm thinking that those two (and maybe SWASeeker) have to beat the
current less-than-a-day record by a substantial amount just to salvage their
self-respect

Tom