[GeoStL] The game is on.

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:07:04 -0700 (PDT)

To all that are going to the Fall Picnic.

  If any of you remember my game that I introduced at the Summer Picnic and the
resulting free-for-all, dash for the cash at the end of the game (due to a
mistake by the person with the final number) (not to mention any (Jim) names
(Greene), which I am sure he will not do again), you should be glad to hear
that the game will be played again.

  This game has also been played in the state of Washington where an Edward
McCarthy (caching name YAYA) of The Eastern Washington chapter of the
Washington State Geocachers Association (WSGA) played it at one of their
picnics.  He had heard Paul's Podcast from our Summer Picnic and contacted me
about how to play and if he could use my idea.  He gave me full credit for the
game and it is also nice to know that Paul and his SLAGA Podcast has such a
wide spread audience.  He said the game went over great with their group and he
has been asked to do it again at their next picnic.

  Anyway, back to our picnic.
  I have received sponsorship from SLAGA for a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart for
the winner.  There will also be a secondary prize that will be explained at the
picnic and a booby prize that while it looks to have monetary value, it really
doesn't.
  So sharpen up your "Go Fish" and "Mastermind" strategies and get ready as I
need 15 players (although anyone at the picnic, except me, can win) to play the
game.

  So unless someone catches me out there hiding the final, I will see you all
out there next Saturday.

  Jack (Pandyandy)