[GeoStL] Re: The answer is blowing in the wind

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:44:25 -0700 (PDT)

Don't you just love the stories.....that is one of the things I love about
caching. thanks for sharing both the video and the stories Paul

  Dan

Jack Konecker <jack.konecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Back on July 10, 2002, I went hunting for
  a cache in West Tyson by RGS called
  Three's Company.  I was looking for waypoint
  #1 and not having any luck.  I began hearing
  some violent thunder in the distance.  I kept
  looking for the waypoint, but the thunder was
  getting louder and closer.  I finally decided that
  being in the middle of the woods during a violent
  storm was not a good idea.  I actually ran
  the entire 1/2 mile back to the car.

  A few minutes later when I merged onto hiway
  44, torrential rain hit. I never say it come
  down so hard.  The road to my house was
  blocked by debris. When I saw my yard,
  trees were down everywhere.  It took a
  couple of weeks to clean it all up.  It
  was only straight winds, but they were
  the worst I ever saw since I lived in Missouri.

  I found out later that geocachers PA
  and MA where out at West Tyson the
  same time as me, but they waited out
  the storm in the woods!  I would have
  been totally freaked, but according to
  their cache log, they were mostly worried
  about their malfunctioning GPS receiver!

  Here is the URL to my cache log:
  http://tinyurl.com/2l2xyx

  Here is PA's log:
  http://tinyurl.com/2saqny