[GeoStL] Re: The answer is blowing in the wind

  • From: Carol Shahriary <shah11@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 18:48:16 -0700 (PDT)

-
Thanks for that trip down memory lane.  I was afraid
that my mimosa tree which lost about 50% of its leaves
in that storm and took another hit in the winter ice
storm wouldn't be able to bounce back.  I am happy to
report that it is fuller and lusher then ever before
and seems to say "Thanks for the pruning."

So many stories about that storm!  It was my
experience that it really pulled people together to
help each other out.
DS

http://www.geostl.com/konopapw/20060719_EurekaMissouri_SurpriseStorm.wmv

> In the video, when they mention the
> gust front on the news, that's what
> you see go right past us.
>
> Even more eery, is that after the
> gust front, there was a bit of calm,
> then the wind starting blowing in
> the opposite direction.  I later found
> out that is typical in the type of
> storm that came through.
>
> Ultimately,we did not lose power
> at all from that storm.  And we
> didn't have that much debris in
> the yard to pick up.
>
> I probably should have headed for
> shelter instead of standing in the
> front door taping the storm.  But
> since I came through without a scratch,
> I have to say it was quite a rush.

Carol Strawberry
"Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different
speeds.  A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing." (William James)