[GeoStL] The Smallest Champaign-Urbana Park Game RE: Re: Is this a Virtual cache that got slid under the radar as a Mystery?

  • From: "Jim Bensman" <junkmailno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 18:29:55 -0500

LOL at the lack of consistency on caches J

Come on, this one is simple!  It only took me a couple of minutes to figure
it out.  I opened the GIS shapefile the park district sent me and sorted by
size. They have not yet got to the smallest park.  The smallest park in the
district is Stampofski Park; N40 06.984 W88 14.548;  331.8 sq ft or 31 sq
meters-1/9th the size of the smallest park found so far.   To find the
current smallest park, save picture, right click, properties, details, and
scroll down to the lat and long (it's a georeferenced picture). To claim the
find, you go to the cords of the georeferenced picture (all you have to do
is save the picture on your Garmin GPS and then use whereto picture), take a
picture of your GPS, then go to Stampofski Park and take a picture.  Simple!

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"