[GeoStL] The Local News, StL, Mo. A portal to StL info GC11F3

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SLAGA <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:41:11 -0500

-
/*/*
*/*/
/*//*/

/*//*/Some folks here may not be aware of it but since 7/'01 there has been a "cache" page that has been acting as an information page for out of towners and new cachers. It is also a PIA for folks that live here until you place it on your ignore list. The coords for the page are in Forest Park since this is where many visitors search early on. It is a better location than, say, the St. Charles Riverfront. :-)

Several times each year visitors find the SLAGA group and have been able to ask local questions because of this page. It was mentioned on the newsgroup that owners of Zoo caches make mention that the zoo is free. I never thought to add that to the Info page so I just did. I also added a few other essential bits of StL caching info that should have been there. This is what was added. IF anyone has anything else that would really be handy for visitors or brand new cachers, speak up and I can add it to the page.

added text.... 8/7/07
/*//*/

/*/*>> HANDY St. LOUIS CACHING INFO. <<

*/*//*/*The Zoo is FREE!! There is NO COST to entering the StL Zoo to cache. There is a fee to park in the big lot but there is free parking available also.*/*/

*>> There are many Bookmark lists for the St. Louis Area located on the SLAGA website and are located at StL BookMark Lists <http://tinyurl.com/347d2r>*

*>> The StL County Parks have hours of operation. Basically daylight hours. You do NOT want to get caught in the park after hours. That is know as "Pulling an Ozguff" (long story)*

*>> SLAGA members are very social. If you find yourself in the area on a Friday, chances are we will be gathering for lunch someplace. If you want to attend, speak up. Actually, group eating may spring up at any time. If ya want to eat, just say the word.*

*If you want to get in on the local daily chit chat, sign up for the "Freelists" geocaching newsgroup at The Newsgroup <http://tinyurl.com/cbw48> This is NOT run by SLAGA but this is where everyone hangs out anyway.*